Doctrinal Basis and Official Interpretation
THE DOCTRINAL BASIS is a belief in:
1. God as the Creator of all men, and the Father of all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. The Lord Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God, Redeemer of the World, and the one Mediator, through faith in Whom alone we obtain forgiveness of sins.
3. God the Holy Spirit – The Third Person of the Holy Trinity, who regenerates, indwells and transforms every believer, and glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. The fact of sin, and the necessity of the atonement.
5. The incarnation, sinless life, ministry, death, resurrection, ascension and the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
6. The eternal blessedness of those who are saved, and the eternal punishment of the unsaved.
7. The whole Bible as the inspired, infallible and complete Word of God.
THE OFFICIAL INTERPRETATION of the Doctrinal Basis is:
Clause 1: (a) God created man in His own image (Gen. 1.26-27; 5.1; 9.6.; Ps. 100.3)
(b) There is an essential difference between the relationship of God to the world in general, and to those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Jn 1. 12-13; 1 Jn 3.l.; 5.1,12)
Clause 2: The pre-existence and essential deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 1.1-14; John 3.16;
Acts 4.12; Rom. 3.24; 1 Tim. 2.5-6; Col. 1. 14-18; Acts 13.38-39; Eph. 1. 7; 1 Jn 4.9-10)
Clause 3: God the Holy Spirit is He Who regenerates, indwells and sanctifies every believer, guiding into all truth, and glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ (Jn 16.7-14; 3.5-8; 7.39; Rom. 8.9,14,16; 2 Thess. 2.13; 1 Peter 1.2; Jn 14.26)
Clause 4: The fact of universal sin (Rom. 3.23; 5.12) and the need for reconciliation (Heb. 9.22) That reconciliation is the work of the Lord Jesus Christ and of Him alone (Jn. 1.29; Rom. 3.19-26; Heb. 9.26-28; 2 Cor. 5.1819)
Clause 5: (a) The Lord Jesus Christ as the Incarnate Son of God (Matt. 3.17) born of the virgin Mary (Matt. 1.20-23; Luke 1.35)
(b) His unique revelation and ministry (Heb. 1. 1-3; Lk. 19. 10)
(c) The substitutionary death (2 Cor. 5.21) of the Lord Jesus Christ is one of the fundamental truths of the gospel (1 Pet. 3.18; Phil. 2.8)
(d) The Bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ was the cardinal point in apostolic testimony (1 Cor. 15.1-4; Acts 2.29-36; 3.13-15)
(e) The Lord Jesus Christ ascended into heaven from the midst of His disciples and He now sits at the right hand of the throne of God, where He ever lives to make intercession for us (Acts 1.9; Lk. 24.50-53; Heb. 1.3; 10.12; 7.25)
(f) The Lord Jesus Christ will come again bodily and visibly (Acts 1.11; 1Thess. 4.16)
Clause 6: The believer at death is with Christ in Heaven. The unbeliever is consciously separated from God for ever. (Matt. 25.46; 2 Thess. 1.7-9; Jn. 3.36; Rom. 5.8-9; Rom. 6.23; Dan. 12.2; Rev. 20.15.)
Clause 7: The whole Canon of Scripture is fully trustworthy as originally given, and is the unerring revelation of God. (2 Tim. 3.16; 1 Cor.2. 12-14; 2 Pet.1 .20-21; 1 Thess. 2.13; Gal. 1.6-8; Jude 3; Deut. 4.2; Prov. 30. 5-6; Rev. 22. 18-19)